We're giving away over $6,000 in FREE products! Learn more:
We're giving away over $6,000 in FREE products as fast as we can! All you have to do to win is follow us on Twitter. We'll be giving away products as we reach milestones on Twitter and the more followers we get, the better the product giveaway will be.
Here's the breakdown:
- At 150 followers we'll give away an M3601
- At 200 followers we'll give away an M27LED-123
- At 250 followers we'll give away an M3602C-3DGL
- At 400 followers we'll give away an M3702C-3DGLX
- At 500 followers we'll give away an M10DB-S
- At 750 followers we'll give away an M3-F
And who know's what we'll give away when we reach 1,000! Follow us today for a chance to win any of these products. Drawings are random and you can win more than once.
Swift M3-F's Help a High School Forensics Lab in Arizona
Paradise Valley High School is equipped with an arsenal of M3-F's in a young teacher's forensics lab. After setting up the M3-F's, a forensics teacher from a neighboring high school's program came to check them out and was green with envy.
The forensics teacher at Paradise Valley HS is very excited to use the M3-F's with her students and can't wait to get started. Check out her classroom!
Swift was in Mexico City!
Swift microscopes were spotted at the DICAB Laboratory Expo in Mexico City on Sept. 13 and 14!
Swift Move Information!
After more than a year of preparation, we will be moving our San Antonio (Swift & National) operations to a new location. We have been in the same building for 14 years, so the move will be extensive. We thank you for your understanding in advance, as this will hopefully not happen again for several decades.
Unfortunately, due to the scope of the move, it will affect our operations for about 2 days:
General Move Schedule
- Wednesday, May 30th: Last shipping day for May
- Thursday, May 31st: Office closes at 12:00 Noon Central Time
- Friday, June 1st: Closed all day for move
- Monday June 4th at 8:00 AM Central time: Return to Normal operations
Old & Uncommon Parts Move Schedule
- Monday, May 14th– Friday, June 8th: Old & Uncommon parts will be unavailable during this time period.
Affected Areas During Closure
- During this time moving period we will be completely closed. Below is a list of areas that will be affected:
- Office phones will be shut down
- Email will be shut down (This included Blackberry for sales Team)
- No Shipping
- No Technical Support (Digital or Technical). Our Motic Vancouver technical support will be available.
- No computer or accounting data will be available:
- Tracking information
- Accounting information (Sales orders, invoices, etc)
- Stock availability
- Lead times
- Marketing information
Our sales team will be available by cell phone for general questions during the moving period.
- Cynthia Syverson-Mercer: 617-750-1480
- Fred Gerlach: 435-590-0768
- Martha Kilgore: 210-630-8076
Beginning May 31, 2012, please send all letters and packages to the following address:
6508 Tri County Parkway
Schertz, Texas 78154
Phone Numbers: No Change
Please let us know anything we can do in advance to keep this from affecting your business. We look forward to serving you from our new home.
01/04/2012 NSTA Seattle Conference Winner, Swift Microscope!
NSTA Seattle Conference winner of a Swift microscope! Congratulations to Steven Thibault of Eastmont Junior High School in East Wenatchee, Washington!
Summer Forensic Institute
This four-day summer workshop is designed for forensics' teachers with five years experience or less. Whether you are teaching a course in forensics or looking for ways to integrate forensics into your existing math or science curriculum, you will find this course to be extremely useful. The course content can be expanded to challenge the needs of the AP, accelerated or honors students or it can be used to motivate and engage students who would otherwise shy away from math and science.
- Incorporates math, biology, chemistry, physics, technology, and writing skills.
- Provides a means to integrate skills around a theme of problem solving a mystery.
- Addresses the following with hands-on activities:
- Interactive computer activities.
- Case studies.
- Power Point Presentations:
- Evidence collection.
- Trace evidence including: hair, fiber and pollen.
- Time of Death determination using rigor, algor and livor mortis and Forensic Entomology.
- Blood spatter.
- DNA fingerprinting.
- Impression evidence: fingerprints, foot, dental and tire, tool mark evidence.
- Bone analysis and osteobiography.
- Soil and Sand analysis.
- Hand writing analysis.
- Drug analysis.
- Special emphasis will be placed on:
- Lab set-ups and organization.
- Cost reduction options.
- Meeting the needs of heterogeneous students.
- Participants receive Forensic Science:
- Fundamentals and Investigations published by Cengage Publishing.
- A binder of additional activities
- Case studies
- Extended objective sheets for each topic.
The course is presented by Anthony (Bud) Bertino and Patricia Nolan Bertino, co-authors of this forensic science textbook.Title: Bertino Forensic Science Institute Location:
Scotia-Glenville High School, Scotia, NY 12302 (near Schenectady)Cost:
$ 475 Includes textbook, binder and materials, lab costs, Sherlock Bones, CDromInformation:
Contact Patti Bertino at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 518-384-1718 with questions. Registration:
Go to our website www.bertinoforensics.com
to view the three sessions.Registration begins after the first of the year (2011). If you encounter problems, contact us by phone.
For more information about us, visit http://www.BertinoForensics.com
Moving SWIFTLY into India
Swift was proud to showcase our new M3 line of Micro/Macroscopes to an enthusiastic audience at the recent World Didac India held in Mumbai. As one ofthe worlds most rapid growing countries, Education is on the top of the agenda in India, which already has a booming industry of privately runInternational School style franchises. As a renowned brand, Swift products were seen as providing excellent Value for Money. The M10 series as well asour unique M3F Forensic Comparison Microscope were a big success. Join us at the next World Didac in October, this time in Basel Switzerland to seefirst-hand how quality can make a difference.
New M3 micro/macro microscope has arrived!
Swift's innovative M3 series microscopes are now in stock! The M3 microscope has the unique capability of viewing both microscopic and macroscopicspecimens. The M3's top and bottom LED illuminators are powered by a rechargeable battery allowing up to 40 hours of cordless operation. Monocular andbinocular head versions are available. Please call Swift customer service or your local Swift dealer for more information.
05/13/2011 Swift Goes Global!
Swift Microscopes are now available globally. With the popularity of the Swift brand on the rise, more and more international countries have expressedinterest to import our quality Microscopes. The expansion of our operation now covers the entire globe and we are happy to entertain enquiries from allover the world. For more information: Please contact our Asia Pacific Global Distribution Center located in Hong Kong at:
05/03/2011 Spring Newsletter
Swift in Rwanda
Swift Optical is pleased to be a small part of providing better health care in Rwanda. Recently the Ntarama health centre, constructed by the SurvivorsFund (SURF) organization acquired a Swift M7000CB to provide basic health services to the nearby rural population of 26,000 individuals. According toDr. Aflodis Kagaba, Executive Director, “This microscope is not only helping to support the health and wellbeing of the Rwandan people throughincreased lab services, but has decreased diagnostic time, allowing for quicker treatment and better health outcomes.”
Thank you for joining us during NSTA.
Thanks for stopping by our booth during the recent NSTA Philadelphia Conference! It was three days filled with many opportunities to share our productsand “how to” with science educators.
A student learning about microscopy
Microscope raffle winner Elizabeth Taylor from Branford, CT with her new M3500 microscope
Lesson plans now available!
Microscopy lesson plans are now available to download from the "Education Resources" area of the website. More material to be included soon!
Motic Images Plus 2.0 is now available for Swift Digital Products!
Swift digital product users now have the option of using Motic Images Plus 2.0 software to capture and manipulate images instead of the bundledSwiftcam II software. Visit the support page for more information on how to download the software for free!